The Williams House

From Annapolis Past Port
1908 Sanborn Eastport Map

On the corner of what is now First Street and Severn Avenue is the oldest house in Eastport. For nearly 100 years, it belonged to the Williams family.[1]

Jonas and Louisa Williams and their eight children moved there in 1876. They used the first floor as a grocery store, selling homemade sauerkraut to neighbors. After she was widowed, Louisa offered her front parlor as a school and a polling place. The house stayed in the family until 1972.[1]

For all of its years, the Williams House has been a landmark, and it still retains much of its original charm and architectural character today.[1]

  1. 1.0 1.1 1.2 Eastport Walking Tour Sign #7