Old Salem Cemetery
The Old Salem Cemetery (also know as Methodist Episcopal Church Cemetery, Duvall Family Cemetery and Annapolis Junior High School Cemetery) is located 0.3 miles east of the intersection of Spa Road and Forest Drive at the corner of Forest Drive and Old Forest Road within a grove of trees toward the right side of Annapolis Middle School when facing the school from Forest Drive. An iron rail formerly surrounded part of the cemetery. At least 61 individuals are known to have been buried here. 
The Salem Church was located on State Circle. After a fire destroyed the old church in 1858, the City's 275 Methodists who worshiped there decided to build a larger building on the same site. 
For more information, go to the Anne Arundel Genealogical Society website. Click on Cemeteries to search for information on known cemeteries, contact the society about additional sites, or purchase books about occupants of nearby cemeteries. For more information about Anne Arundel County and other nearby regions visit the Kuethe Library in Glen Burnie, the combined library of Anne Arundel’s genealogy and historical societies, or go online and check out the county library’s catalog, hit Search again, add your search word(s) and scroll down to Kuethe Genealogical Library.