Lee Airport is one of the 35 surviving community airports in Maryland .
Florence Parlett was a major force behind the development of Lee Airport. She served as the manager of Lee Airport for 40 years, from 1957 until her death in 1997 . Lee Airport was a small grass strip when she became the manager, and during her tenure, she expanded it into a small general aviation airport . She began the Annapolis Flying Service in 1957 . She also helped found the Civil Air Patrol squadron based at Lee Airport . She earned her pilot’s license at age 42 . Among her honors were: The Civil Air Patrol Award, the FAA Aviation Pioneer Certificate, the county police award, the Maryland Aviation Administration Citation, and the Maryland Aviation Pioneer Award . She was included in the Smithsonian Institution book and traveling exhibit “Women in Flight” . She died on March 8, 1997, at the age of 91 .
Today, it is managed by Van Lee, of the Lee family .
Lee Airport is located 5 miles south of Annapolis, on Beards Creek in Edgewater, MD . It has one 2,505 foot-long runway . It is an uncontrolled airport without a tower. Its Airport Identifier is ANP . Coordinates of the area are 38°56′34″N 076°34′06″W .
Lee Airport is home to the Navy Annapolis Flight Center , the Colonel Mary S. Feik Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol. , and civil aviation .
- Dress, Brad. “Lee Airport Flies On.” Bay Weekly, https://bayweekly.com/lee-airport-flies-on/. Accessed 12 July 2022.
- Felter, Mary P. " Florence Parlett, Pioneer in Aviation, dies at age 91." The Capital [Annapolis, Maryland], 10 Mar 1997.
- Maryland Aviation Administration. “Maryland Airport Directory 2021-2022.” Maryland Aviation Administration, https://marylandregionalaviation.aero/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Airport%20Directory%202020-21.pdf. January 2019.
- Navy Annapolis Flight Center. “Welcome.” NAFC Online, http://nafcflying.org. Accessed 12 July 2022.
- “Colonel Mary S. Feik Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol.” Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/feiksquadron/about/?ref=page_internal. Accessed 12 July 2022.